Unbelievable. Gone are the days of Miami and Miami Beach renters looking at tons of inventory, having their pick and then negotiating the price down. I just got a call from the listing agent denying my poor rental client’s third offer. So far, he has been outbid three times and he is making full priced offers with a promise to start the lease asap.
Welcome to the New Miami-Miami Beach Rental Market of the summer of 2011
AKA no inventory & bidding wars!
This ugly beast has been in hibernation over the past six months as prices have been slowly creeping up, now the inventory is at an all time low. Over the past week I have had three different clients make offers on properties, all of them to outbid by another renter. So now I am sitting here thinking of new strategies to get our rental customers’ offers accepted.
- Better cover letter with references?
- Full laminated credit report with offer and some Ginsu knives?
- Higher offer price per month than what’s listed? (are we really at that point?)
- A video of nice little song and dance?
- A leather bound book of past references and lovers too?
Who knows, I am going to throw everything at them to get my clients’ offers accepted. I guess this is the new norm. Oy Vey!
I think my rental clients in the higher end luxury price points are still okay for just this second but those who have tight budgets, it’s war out there. Get ready and be prepared to make several offers before securing a unit.
Copyright © By Jamey Prezzi 2011 * All Rights Reserved*Beware Miami and Miami Beach Renters! There is an ugly beast in town and his name is, ” No inventory & bidding wars!”
Do you have questions about selling or buying real estate?Call me today at 305-793-8965. We realize that you may not be ready to buy or sell today and are probably in the planning stages. That's just fine. Many of our clients are several months out from doing anything and that is why we take a simple, no pressure approach when working with new clients. Of course if you are ready to buy or sell quickly, we can help with that too.
Do you own property in Miami or Miami Beach and want to know what it's worth?Click the link below and get a free home valuation.
Search Real Estate For Sale by City
- Bal Harbour, Florida Real Estate
- Bay Harbor Islands, Florida Real Estate
- Coconut Grove, Florida Real Estate
- Coral Gables, Florida Real Estate
- Fisher Island, Florida Real Estate
- Key Biscayne, Florida Real Estate
- Miami, Florida Real Estate
- Miami Beach, Florida Real Estate
- Miami Shores, Florida Real Estate
- Sunny Isles Beach, Florida Real Estate
- Surfside, Florida Real Estate