Steps to buying real estate in Miami Beach.
- If you need financing, it’s important to first speak to a lender so you know what you can afford to buy. It’s also important because condos can be challenging when it comes to financing and you need to know what products your lender will allow for condominiums.
- If you are paying with cash, make sure that you have all of your funds properly transferred and have a letter from your bank.
- How will you take title? If this is a second home or investment property, will you put it in an LLC? You may want to speak to an attorney so that you know the best way to take title.
- Do you have money set aside to put down an earnest money deposit? These funds need to be liquid and ready to deposit with the contract.
- **In Miami, we make offers on Florida real estate contracts. Once that offer is accepted, it becomes the contract that guides the transaction.
Hire a Professional Realtor®
When buying real estate in Miami Beach, it’s key to work with an experienced local agent who can help you navigate through the inventory. This way you spend your time focusing on the best deals and avoid the pitfalls.
It’s important to know that if you are searching for Miami Beach properties online, a lot of the sites available to consumers have listings that tend to be a little outdated or already under contract.
The reason why is because this information is often syndicated through our main database and by the time it gets to the consumer sites or an agent uploads it, it can take 24 to 48 hours (or longer).
Our buyers have access to listings as soon as they hit the market! We show properties fast so we can get you the best deal quickly.
Our process of helping our buyers:
- Set up a buyer’s consultation to go over your needs and wants, and also explain the market so you know what you are buying.
- If you need financing, put you in touch with experienced local lenders who can walk you through the preapproval process. This way you will know how much you can spend.
- Next we sort through all of the listings, narrow down the best of the best so you can spend time looking at properties that match your needs.
- Set up all of the appointments and show you all of the properties.
- Once you find a property you want to buy, we will prepare a detailed analysis of what similar homes are selling for so that you can make an educated decision on price.
- Prepare the sales contract and negotiate on your behalf with the seller’s agent. (**Remember the seller has their own agent, you should have your agent negotiating for you.)
- Negotiate the terms of the sale to get you the best deal.
- Once you the offer is accepted we will set you up with our success team to carefully guide you through the transaction including setting up inspections, appraisals and closing agent/attorney.
- Negotiate any issues that come up with inspections and appraisals (if any).
- Meet you at the closing table.
If you are thinking about buying real estate in Miami Beach, contact us today and let us put a game plan together for you to save you time and also help you still get a great deal in this new market.