In November the Miami Beach Homes Maintenance To-Do List is not like up north where they are bracing for the winter, however this month we do transition from one season to another so it’s good to use this time of the year to catch up on tasks that we have neglected through the summer months.
With less sunlight, cooler temperatures, and shorter days ahead for Miami , it’s an opportune time to cross those last-minute maintenance items off your homeowner to-do list.
Practicing preventive care — both inside and outside your home — can save thousands of dollars in repairs. What follows is a brief checklist to get you started.
For outside the home :
- Inspect exterior lights and outlets. Be sure that none of the outlets are cracked or broken, or have exposed wires.
- Clean gutters and clear all blockages.
- Inspect and test outdoor railings and stairs.
- Have problem trees trimmed, including those that may damage your home in a storm.
For inside the home :
- Change batteries in all smoke detectors and carbon monoxide alarms, whether they’re “dead” or not.
- Vacuum refrigerator condenser coils, plus the front bottom grill. Empty and clean the drip pan.
- Although not all Miami Beach homes have heating elements, if you do, inspect wood stoves and fireplace inserts. Hire a certified chimney sweeper to clean the chimney, if needed.
- Inspect automatic garage door opener. Lubricate chains according to manufacturer’s instructions. Make sure bolts and screws are properly tightened and secured.
As a constant series of chores, Miami Beach home maintenance is a constant job and one which should not be taken lightly. The tasks of each season are unique and November’s jobs are mostly preparatory of the upcoming cooler season.
If your routine maintenance uncovers larger issues including a faulty HVAC unit, or a leaking faucet, for example, seek professional help to make the repair.
by Jamey Prezzi * For November : Miami Beach Homes Maintenance To-Do List
AboutJamey & Ognjen Prezzi run a highly successful real estate business in Miami Beach. They work together as residential Realtors in Miami Beach, Brickell, Downtown Miami & some surrounding neighborhoods. They are full-time Realtors, have worked with over 300 clients from all of the world and are in the top percentage of top producing agents at their brokerage. This is their real estate blog and their goal in this medium is to provide value by answering common questions about the local real Miami Beach and Miami estate market. They have been sought after for their advice on popular channels like HGTV and Inman News. If you want to work with Jamey or Ognjen feel free to contact them at: 305-793-8965 or use their contact page.
Search Real Estate For Sale by City
- Bal Harbour, Florida Real Estate
- Bay Harbor Islands, Florida Real Estate
- Coconut Grove, Florida Real Estate
- Coral Gables, Florida Real Estate
- Fisher Island, Florida Real Estate
- Key Biscayne, Florida Real Estate
- Miami, Florida Real Estate
- Miami Beach, Florida Real Estate
- Miami Shores, Florida Real Estate
- Sunny Isles Beach, Florida Real Estate
- Surfside, Florida Real Estate