In November the Miami Beach Homes Maintenance To-Do List is not like up north where they are bracing for the winter, however this month we do transition from one season to another so it’s good to use this time of the year to catch up on tasks that we have neglected through the summer months.
With less sunlight, cooler temperatures, and shorter days ahead for Miami , it’s an opportune time to cross those last-minute maintenance items off your homeowner to-do list.
Practicing preventive care — both inside and outside your home — can save thousands of dollars in repairs. What follows is a brief checklist to get you started.
For outside the home :
- Inspect exterior lights and outlets. Be sure that none of the outlets are cracked or broken, or have exposed wires.
- Clean gutters and clear all blockages.
- Inspect and test outdoor railings and stairs.
- Have problem trees trimmed, including those that may damage your home in a storm.
For inside the home :
- Change batteries in all smoke detectors and carbon monoxide alarms, whether they’re “dead” or not.
- Vacuum refrigerator condenser coils, plus the front bottom grill. Empty and clean the drip pan.
- Although not all Miami Beach homes have heating elements, if you do, inspect wood stoves and fireplace inserts. Hire a certified chimney sweeper to clean the chimney, if needed.
- Inspect automatic garage door opener. Lubricate chains according to manufacturer’s instructions. Make sure bolts and screws are properly tightened and secured.
As a constant series of chores, Miami Beach home maintenance is a constant job and one which should not be taken lightly. The tasks of each season are unique and November’s jobs are mostly preparatory of the upcoming cooler season.
If your routine maintenance uncovers larger issues including a faulty HVAC unit, or a leaking faucet, for example, seek professional help to make the repair.
by Jamey Prezzi * For November : Miami Beach Homes Maintenance To-Do List
Do you have questions about selling or buying real estate?Call me today at 305-793-8965. We realize that you may not be ready to buy or sell today and are probably in the planning stages. That's just fine. Many of our clients are several months out from doing anything and that is why we take a simple, no pressure approach when working with new clients. Of course if you are ready to buy or sell quickly, we can help with that too.
Do you own property in Miami or Miami Beach and want to know what it's worth?Click the link below and get a free home valuation.
Search Real Estate For Sale by City
- Bal Harbour, Florida Real Estate
- Bay Harbor Islands, Florida Real Estate
- Coconut Grove, Florida Real Estate
- Coral Gables, Florida Real Estate
- Fisher Island, Florida Real Estate
- Key Biscayne, Florida Real Estate
- Miami, Florida Real Estate
- Miami Beach, Florida Real Estate
- Miami Shores, Florida Real Estate
- Sunny Isles Beach, Florida Real Estate
- Surfside, Florida Real Estate