Looking to Sell a House in Miami Beach, Brickell, Downtown Miami or surrounding neighborhood? Call me today at 305-793-8965 For a FREE market analysis in Miami Beach, Florida click here.
If you are thinking about renting out your Miami Beach condo, you basically have two options:
1. Do it yourself.
2. Hire a real estate agent.
Where I come from, in the Carolinas, real estate agents pretty much only do sales. In cities like Miami and NY the renting process is mostly handled by real estate agents.
In fact the rental business is so ingrained in our real estate practice that many full-time agents include it as part of their services. The reason why most owners hire real estate agents to list their Miami Beach condos for rent is because of the following reasons.
1. Time. Most owners even if they are local, don’t have time to run around qualifying potential renters and show the property.
2. Knowledge. The rental process can be a little tedious. Market knowledge of pricing right is key to renting a property asap.
3. Skill and Experience. Placing someone in your property for a year is serious business. There are never any 100% guarantees in renting but you need to be sure that you do everything possible at the beginning to be sure you have a decent tenant in the unit. **I wouldn’t rely just on the condo association’s application process, you need to do your own due diligence.
4. Paperwork. There is a lot of paperwork involved in the leasing process. With a local licensed agent, assuming they are experienced they should be able to help the tenant through this process as well as insure that you are using up to date Florida approved leases.
5. Scams. I hate to say it and it’s an embarrassing part of our society but there are a lot of renting scams out there on the Internet. We have a lot of renters contact us directly because of this. They prefer to work with a licensed agent that they trust, rather than just calling random owners off the Internet.
I hope that pretty much sums up the who you can hire to rent your Miami Beach condo and why. I should also mention that if you are thinking to rent your property more short term you need to check with your condo association and be sure that they allow short term rentals. Also be sure to hire a local agent who is experienced in turning over short term rentals. We don’t do short term rentals but there are companies who specialize in them.
Copyright © By Jamey Prezzi* All Rights Reserved* Who Can I Hire to Rent My Miami Beach Condo?